Here are some guidelines for using your Slate in the best possible conditions:
- Remember to keep the Pen, the Ring, and all other magnetic objects at least 10 in | 25 cm away when turning on, using or refreshing the Slate.
- Place your sheet of paper or notebook on the Slate’s writing surface. Attach single sheets of paper to the surface with the Clips for a better grip.
- If you are in Screenless mode, create a new page by pressing the New Page button once. The upper LED will blink white to indicate that a new page has been created.
- Once you have turned on your Slate, it is recommended that you not move it while writing and drawing.
- Use only one pen or Ring-enhanced drawing tool at a time.
Managing your battery
- Turn off your Slate if you do not intend to use it for several days.
- Do not leave your Slate uncharged for long periods of time. This can reduce the battery’s charge capacity.
- Keep your Slate at a temperature between -20°C and +35°C.
Tip for missing penstrokes: if you notice that your drawings or notes contain incomplete or missing marks, you can refresh the Slate by pressing and holding the New Page button until the upper LED blinks red:
Refreshing the Slate clears does not erase or alter your work.